WHY AN INDEPENDENT ADVISOR
1.not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself: an independent thinker.
Why an independent advisor? Because independence is synonymous with freedom.
The proliferation of financial advice over the last two decades means anyone and everyone wants to help you with your investments be it your insurance agent, accountant or next door neighbor. While competition
breeds innovation and lower costs for consumers it also makes it difficult to know who to trust. Understanding who you are working with will help ensure you have a financial professional whose interests are aligned with yours. You should know the answers to
these important questions about your advisor:
- What is my advisor’s qualifications?
- How does my advisor get paid?
- Who sets their business goals?
- Do they use proprietary products?
- Who decides what products they can sell?
- Do they have quotas?
- Am I the client of the advisor or the firm?
After more than thirteen years working for the large wall street firms and discount brokers I made the decision to claim my professional independence and break free of the quota and proprietary product driven business model in 2015. As an independent financial
- My clients are my own
- I am able to offer a variety of financial products and solutions objectively
- I decide with my clients how to best work together
- I am able to choose what tools and resources to utilize in my practice
- I am not obligated to promote any particular products or proprietary offerings
- I am not obligated to make referrals for other services
- I am not saddled with sales and product quotas
Contact Canvasback Wealth Management, LLC to learn more about working with an independent financial advisor or simply call us directly at 984-232-8242 to schedule a free consultation.